Having a hard time seeing in your gun safe? Improve your visibility and save battery life by installing LED lights.
Checkout this video:
Installing LED lights in your gun safe is a great way to ensure that you can see your valuable firearms when you need them most.LED lights are becoming increasingly popular in gun safes for their low power consumption, long life span, and bright light output. In this guide, we will show you how to install LED lights in your gun safe so that you can have peace of mind knowing that your guns are well-lit and easily accessible.
Tools and Materials Needed
Installing LED lights in your gun safe is a great way to improve the visibility and safety of your firearms collection. Here are the tools and materials you will need to complete the job:
-LED lights (enough to adequately light the interior of your gun safe)
-1/8” drill bit
– Phillips head screwdriver
-Assorted screws ( depending on the type of mounting system you are using)
-Double sided tape or Velcro (optional – for temporary mounting)
Installing the LED Lights
Installing LED lights in your gun safe is a great way to improve the visibility and safety of your firearms. LED lights are much brighter than traditional incandescent bulbs, and they use less energy, which will save you money over time. Follow the steps below to install LED lights in your gun safe.
1. Choose the location for your LED lights. It is important to choose a location that is not obstructed by objects in the safe, such as shelves or drawers.
2. Drill holes for the LED light mounts. The size of the holes will depend on the size of the mounts that come with your LED lights.
3. Affix the mounts to the inside of the safe using screws or adhesive tape.
4. Install the batteries in the LED lights according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Attach the LED lights to the mounts, and turn them on.
Wiring the LED Lights
First, you need to determine the locations of the LED lights. It is best to place them around the perimeter of the gun safe so that they evenly illuminate the interior. Once you have determined the placement of the LED lights, you need to wire them.
To wire the LED lights, you will need a few things:
– electrical tape
-12 volt power supply
1. Strip about half an inch of insulation off of the end of each wire using wire strippers.
2. Cut each wire to the appropriate length using wire cutters. The wires should be long enough to reach from the 12 volt power supply to each LED light.
3. Use electrical tape to secure each wire to its corresponding LED light. Be sure that the positive (red) wire is connected to the positive (longer) lead on the LED light, and that the negative (black) wire is connected to the negative (shorter) lead on the LED light.
4. Once all of the LED lights are wired, use electrical tape to secure each one in its desired location inside the gun safe. Make sure that there are no exposed wires that could come into contact with gunpowder or other flammable materials inside the gun safe.
5. Finally, plug in the 12 volt power supply and turn it on. The LED lights should now be illuminated inside your gun safe!
1. With the power off to the safe, finish running the LED light strips around the inside perimeter of the safe. Make sure the LED light strips are positioned in a way that will evenly light up the interior of the safe when turned on.
2. Affix the end of each LED light strip to the corresponding connector on the power supply using the small Phillips head screws that come with the kit.
3. Route all of the excess wiring from the LED light strips and power supply into one of the corners of the safe, then zip tie everything together to keep it tidy and out of the way.
4. Reconnect the battery to the safe’s control panel, then close up the door and secure it using your chosen method (e.g., keypad, biometric scanner, etc.). Test out your new lights by opening up the door and making sure everything works as expected!
If you want to install LED lights in your gun safe, you need to purchase the right size and type of light, as well as the correct number of lights for the space. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully when installing the lights, and make sure to test the lights before putting them into use.
Installing LED lights in a gun safe can be a great way to improve the visibility and safety of your firearms collection. While many gun safes come with lighting already installed, it is often not very bright or evenly distributed. Installing your own LED lights can be a quick and easy way to dramatically improve the functionality of your gun safe.
There are a few different ways to install LED lights in a gun safe, but the most popular method is to use batteries. This allows you to position the lights exactly where you need them without having to worry about cords or plugs. Most battery-powered LED lights will last for years with proper care and maintenance, so you won’t have to worry about replacing them anytime soon.
If you want to install LED lights in your gun safe but don’t want to use batteries, there are a few other options available. Many companies make plug-in LED lights specifically for gun safes, which can be easily installed by following the included instructions. These types of lights will need to be plugged into an outlet, so they may not be ideal if you don’t have any outlets near your safe.
installing Led Lights in Gun Safe?
The most popular method is to use batteries as it allows you to position the lights exactly where you need them without having to worry about cords or plugs. Most battery-powered LED lights will last for years with proper care and maintenance
Whether you are looking to install LED lights in your gun safe for the first time or wanting to replace old, outdated gun safe lights, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here are a few tips on how to install LED lights in gun safes:
-When choosing LED lights for your gun safe, make sure to pick ones that are designed specifically for safes. There are many different types and sizes of LEDs on the market, but not all of them will fit in a gun safe.
-Installing LED lights in gun safes is relatively simple and only requires a few tools. You will need a drill, screwdriver, wire stripper/cutter, and electrical tape.
-Start by drilling pilot holes for the screws that will hold the light fixture in place. Be careful not to drill too deeply and damage the interior of the safe.
-Next, strip about ½” of insulation from the end of the wire and attach it to the positive (red) terminal on the light fixture. Use electrical tape to secure the connection.
-Now do the same thing with the negative (black) wire and attach it to the negative terminal on the light fixture. Again, use electrical tape to secure the connection.
-Finally, screw the light fixture into place and turn on the power. You should now have bright, evenly distributed LED lighting inside your gun safe!
In this article, we will show you some tricks on how to install LED lights in your gun safe. These tips will help you save time and money while still getting the job done right.
1. The first thing you need to do is to find a good location for your gun safe. It should be in a place where it is not too visible from outside and where there are no windows or doors that can be used as an entry point.
2. Once you have found the perfect location, the next thing you need to do is to mark the outline of the door with a pencil or a marker. This will help you know where to drill the holes for the screws.
3. After that, drilled pilot holes into the marked area using a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the screws that you will be using. This is important so that the screws will not split the wood when you screw them in.
4. Now, it is time to install the LED lights. Start by screwing in one side of the light into the pilot hole that you have drilled earlier. Make sure that you do not over-tighten the screw as this can damage the light fixture. Do the same for the other side of the light until it is securely in place.
5. Once both sides are in place, connect the wires of the LED light to a power source using wire nuts or electrical tape. Be sure to use electrical tape so that there are no exposed wires that can cause a short circuit.
6. Finally, turn on the power and test out your new LED lights by opening and closing the door of your gun safe several times.
Before You Start
Working with electricity can be dangerous. Every year, people are injured or killed by electrical shock. Follow these instructions carefully to reduce the risk of injury or death.
If you have any doubts about your ability to safely complete this project, please call a professional electrician.
-A well-ventilated gun safe
-LED lights (we recommend strips for maximum coverage)
-A power source (battery pack or outlet)