How to Customize Your Led Strip Lights – You can now easily customize the look of your led strip lights to match your home’s décor.
Checkout this video:
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add some personality to your home, office, or gaming setup, you can’t go wrong with LED strip lights. These versatile lights come in a variety of colors and styles, and can be controlled via remote or your smartphone. In this guide, we’ll show you how to get started with LED strip lights, and how to customize them to create the perfect look for your space.
What You Need
To get started, you will need the following:
-An Led Strip (we recommend the Philips Hue LightStrip Plus)
-A power source (if not using battery-powered strips)
-An Amazon Echo or Google Home device
-A smart home bridge ( like the Philips Hue Bridge) that is compatible with your Echo or Home device
If you want to be able to control your lights with your voice, you will need an Echo or Home device. If you just want to control your lights with your smartphone, you do not need a smart home bridge. However, we recommend choosing a smart home bridge that is compatible with your Echo or Home device so that you can add voice control in the future if you change your mind.
Measuring and Cutting Your Lights
Most led strip lights come in standard lengths, but sometimes you need a custom size. Whether you’re trying to fit your lights into a specific space or you want to reduce waste, it’s easy to cut your strip lights to size at home. With a few simple tools, you can measure and cut your led strip lights to create the perfect custom length for your needs.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-Scissors or a sharp knife
-A straight edge (optional)
1. Measure the area where you want to install your led strip lights. To get an accurate measurement, use a measuring tape and make sure to account for any obstacles or uneven surfaces.
2. Decide how many leds you want per foot. Most led strips have between 30 and 60 leds per foot, so choose the density that best suits your needs.
3. Calculate the number of feet of LED strips you’ll need by dividing the total number of LEDs by the number of LEDs per foot.
4. Cut your LED strips to length using scissors or a sharp knife. If you’re using a knife, it’s helpful to have a straight edge handy to keep your cuts nice and clean.
5. Once your LED strips are cut to size, they’re ready to be installed!
Applying the Lights
Before you apply the LED strip lights to any surface, it’s important to make sure the area is clean and free of dust or debris. Once the area is prepared, you can begin applying the strip light by peeling off the adhesive backing and pressing the light firmly into place. If you need to cut the strip light to fit a particular space, be sure to use a sharp cutting tool and cut along the marked lines. Once the strip light is in place, you can plug it in and enjoy your new custom lighting!
Connecting the Lights
Now that you have your led strip lights, it’s time to get started on your project! This guide will show you how to connect and customize your led strip lights.
1. Start by finding a power source for your led strip lights. The battery pack is the most common power source, but you can also use a wall adapter or a USB port.
2. Once you have a power source, cut the strip light to the desired length using scissors or a sharp knife. Make sure to leave enough slack so that you can easily connect the strip light to the power source.
3. Now it’s time to connect the strip light to the power source. First, locate the positive and negative terminals on thestrip light. The positive terminal is usually marked with a “+” sign, while the negative terminal is usually marked with a “-” sign. Next, locate the corresponding terminals on the power source. Finally, use a jumper wire to connect the positive terminal of the power source to the positive terminal of the strip light, and use another jumper wire to connect the negative terminal of the power source to the negative terminal ofthe strip light.
4. You can now turn on your led strip lights by flipping the switch on the power source. Congrats, you’ve successfully connected your led strip lights!
Customizing the Lights
So, you’ve got your LED strip lights, and you’re ready to make your space look amazing. But what are some things you can do to customize your lights and really make them your own? Here are a few ideas:
-Change the color: Most LED strip lights come with a remote that allows you to change the color of the light. And there are a lot of different colors to choose from! If you want something subtle, try a white or soft blue light. Or, if you want something that will really stand out, go for a bright color like pink or green.
-Experiment with different patterns: In addition to changing the color of the light, you can also change the pattern. Some LED strip lights come with pre-programmed patterns, while others allow you to create your own custom patterns. So, have fun and see what works best for your space.
-Create different looks for different occasions: One great thing about LED strip lights is that they are very versatile. You can use them to create different looks for different occasions. For example, you might want a softer light for relaxing in the evenings and a brighter light for entertaining guests during the day.
Programming the Lights
Now that you have successfully installed your LED strip lights, it is time to take things a step further by programming them. This is where the real fun begins, as you can now make the lights do various things such as change colors, dance to music, and even turn on and off with a remote.
The best way to program your LED strip lights is with an RGB controller. This device gives you full control over the colors and functions of your lights, and most importantly, allows you to do so without having to fiddle with any wires.
There are two main types of RGB controllers: remote-based and computer-based. Remote-based controllers come with a small infrared remote that you can use to change the colors and settings of your lights. These are great for people who want to be able to control their lights without having to get up and walk over to the controller every time they want to make a change.
Computer-based controllers, on the other hand, require that you connect them to your computer in order to program them. These are ideal for people who want more control over their light show or who want to be able to create complex patterns and animations.
No matter which type of controller you choose, programming your LED strip lights is a fairly simple process. In most cases, all you will need to do is connect the controller to your power source (usually a 12V DC power supply), plug in your LED strip, and then use the controller to select the desired color and mode. It’s really that easy!
When it comes to personalizing your space, LED strip lights are a versatile and popular option. In addition to the wide range of colors and functions available, you can also find a variety of accessories to customize your setup.
Here are some popular add-ons for LED strip lights:
-Controller: A controller allows you to change the color, pattern, or speed of your LED lights with the push of a button. Some controllers also come with a remote, so you can make changes from across the room.
-Extension cord: An extension cord can be used to extend the length of your LED strip lights, giving you more flexibility in where you place them.
-Dimmer: A dimmer allows you to adjust the brightness of your LED lights, so you can create the perfect ambiance for any occasion.
-Splitter: A splitter allows you to divide your LED strip light into two or more sections, so you can create different looks in different areas of your space.
Maintaining Your Lights
It is important to take note of a few things when it comes to maintaining your LED strip lights so that they will last long and continue to work properly. One thing to keep in mind is that you should never cut the strips yourself, as this can cause them to malfunction. If you need to shorten them, make sure to get them cut by a professional. Another thing to remember is that you should always handle the strips carefully, as they are made with delicate materials that can be easily damaged.
If you’re having troubles getting your led strip lights to work, here are a few things to check:
-Make sure that the power supply is working and that the correct voltage is being supplied to the strip.
-Check all of the connections to make sure that they are secure and that there are no loose wires.
-If you’re using a controller, make sure that it is compatible with the strip and that it is properly configured.
-Try resetting the strip by disconnecting and reconnecting the power.
-If you’re still having trouble, please contact our customer support team for assistance.